Results from a 6-month study observing BioElectronics' ActiPatch® musculoskeletal pain therapy device indicated an average 61% reduction in pain for >90% of participants, improved quality of life, a decrease in visits to the doctor or pain specialist, etc.
Of the 254 chronic pain sufferers that participated, 224 completed the full 6-month study.
Specifically, observed results included:
- No side effects
- Treatment durability: >90% of participants reported continued relief averaging a 61% reduction in pain, even after 6 months
- Improved quality of life: 90% reported improved sleep, 89% reported greater physical activity and 71% reported quality of life as "much better" to "a great deal better"
- Decreased medication use: 86% reported a decrease in medication use that continued to improve over time, including prescription narcotic-based drugs
- Decreased adverse events from medication use: 68% were experiencing adverse side effects; of these, 71% reported a reduction in adverse side effects
- Healthcare savings: 65% spent less on pain therapies; 65% reported fewer visits to the doctor and pain specialist
The disposable, $30 ActiPatch device is an over-the-counter treatment for back pain and other musculoskeletal complaints.
Source: BioElectronics Corporation