Paragon 28 launched JAWS™, a Nitinol staple for use in osteotomy, arthrodesis and fragment fixation in the foot.
JAWS is preloaded on a lightweight titanium inserter that is designed to fully seat and place the staple before it is released. All instrumentation is provided in a sterile, disposable kit.
Source: Paragon 28, Inc.
Other companies with foot/ankle-centric news in 2017 include:
- Additive Orthopaedics: FDA 510(k) clearance for 3D-printed intramedullary Bunion Correction System.
- Centric Medical: successful completion of initial cases with the Hammertoe Correction System
- CrossRoads Extremity Systems: launch of DynaFORCE™ for foot/ankle procedures, reported to be the first hybrid fixation system on the market
- Extremity Medical: FDA 510(k) clearance of the Axis Charcot fixation system
- First Ray: FDA 510(k) clearance for additional sizes and materials in the Stealth Staple™ line
- MedShapeL launch of DynaFrame™ CF, carbon fiber-filled PEEK deployment system for use with DynaNail® TTC Fusion
- Tyber Medical: FDA 510(k) clearance for the TyFix™ all-in-one extremity fixation system