Medacta announced the first surgeries utilizing its MectaTap TI Anchor (above, left) and FastShuttle Suture Passer (center). The company's Sports Medicine business has also obtained CE marking for various devices for hip, knee and shoulder arthroscopy.
The first worldwide MectaTap TI procedures were performed in the U.S. in several rotator cuff surgeries, alongside the FastShuttle for passing sutures.
CE Mark approval was gained for the following products:
- MectaFix Continuous Loop and Mectascrew B absorbable interference screw for ACL knee reconstructions
- PowerKnot High Strength Suture, a strong USP#2 suture with reliable knot tying features
- FastShuttle Suture Passer to facilitate passing and retrieving sutures in rotator cuff repairs
- FastShuttle Suture Passer cc for hip capsular closure
- MectaScope for hip and shoulder arthroscopy (above, right)
The company plans to add more products to the portfolio in coming months.