EQT, a global private equity group, with Hansjörg Wyss as co-investor, has completed acquisition of the majority of shares of Lima Corporate. A new Advisory Board has been established to support Lima Corporate’s activities.
The Advisory Board includes Chairman Valentin Chapero, former CEO of Sonova Holding; Doug Kohrs, former CEO and President of Tornier and Eric Lohrer, representative of Hansjörg Wyss who was the majority shareholder of Synthes (now DePuy Synthes).
Lima Corporate's growth trajectory over past years has included:
- Launch of products into key market segments, including extremities and knee
- Opening four new subsidiaries around the world in 2015 alone, including the ProMade division
- Signing key partnerships for auxiliary devices with Materialise and OrthAlign, as well as securing a number of acquisitions which include:
- the ZUK unicompartmental knee, re-branded Physica ZUK
- the Discovery™ Total Elbow (both for the European Economic Area, Switzerland and Japan)
- exclusive rights for the Vanguard™ Total Knee systems for Denmark and Sweden and the non-exclusive rights of the Vanguard™ technology for the European Economic Area
Source: Lima Corporate