Anika Therapeutics announced FDA clearance and planned 3Q20 launch of six minimally invasive surgical devices and instruments to repair rotator cuffs, perform arthroscopic knee repair and treat arthritis damage in the hand and wrist. This marks the first products launched from acquisitions of Parcus Medical and Arthrosurface, which were completed earlier this year.
- Knotless AP Suture Anchors, manufactured from a proprietary, bioabsorbable composite for rotator cuff repairs and tendon repairs in the foot and ankle
- ATLAS, an anatomical, less invasive arthroplasty treatment for CMC joint arthritis
- Synd-EZ Ti and Synd-EZ SS, knotless solutions to repair syndesmosis injuries in the ankle, in both titanium and stainless steel
- Twist PEEK SST, a suture anchor design incorporating fixed suture tapes for reproducible knotless double-row rotator cuff repair
- 35 PEEK CF Push-In with Tape, a carbon fiber reinforced polymer anchor that incorporates high-strength suture tape to facilitate arthroscopic capsulolabral repairs of the shoulder
- GFS BTB Link, a ligament retention device used with GFS Ultimate suspensory fixation to provide the option to utilize bone-tendon-bone grafts in ACL and PCL reconstruction
The acquisitions have diversified the company's revenue mix while expanding its product portfolio and pipeline. Parcus Medical provides direct access to ambulatory surgery centers, while Arthrosurface's pipeline and established direct hybrid sales model will accelerate Anika's product platform strategy, firming the company's position in the sports and regenerative medicine spaces.
Cheryl R. Blanchard, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “Commercial success and growth in the sports medicine and joint preservation and restoration market demands an evolving understanding of unmet patient needs and the ability to translate surgeon feedback into designs that are both meaningful and practical for today’s minimally invasive surgical ecosystem. Anika is well positioned to launch these exciting innovations, and we look forward to introducing these new products to our growing customer base as COVID restrictions ease and elective procedures resume in the U.S.”