BARE BONES content is posted to these pages in real time.
Monthly compilations are available in PDF form.
Product / Company Performance
Zimmer Biomet Reports 3Q16 Revenue
ORTHOWORLD estimates Zimmer Biomet (ZBH) 3Q16 orthopaedic revenue of US $1,706.5MM, +5.3% from 3Q15 as-reported.
ORTHOWORLD estimates 3Q16 segment sales and growth on an as-reported basis, as follows.
- Joint Reconstruction $1,167.0MM, +1.2%
- Hips $440.6MM, +1.6%
- Knees $631.3MM, -0.1%
- Extremities Recon $95.10MM, +8.6%
- Trauma $131.MM, +11.0%
- Arthroscopy/Soft Tissue Repair $30.6MM, +12.6%
- Spine $95.6MM, +27.2%
- Orthobiologics $68.3MM, +5.3%
- Other $213.6MM, +17.4% (CMF, Bone Healing, Forgings and Accelero)
- Transitions in supply chain integration resulted in underestimation of demand for certain cross-sold brands (Persona knee and legacy Biomet hips, and the Comprehensive Shoulder to a lesser degree)
- Led to an inability to secure new customers while ensuring product supply to current customers
- Will affect sales through 1Q17
- Actions now focusing on demand forecasting, global inventory tracking and asset deployment systems
- Customer demand has not lessened
- Continued sales growth of Taperloc Complete hip, Arcos modular femoral revision system; positive commercial traction for G7 Dual Mobility Construct
- Noted positive growth rates for Persona knee, solid sales from Oxford partial knee; launched Vanguard Individualized Design total knee to support soft tissue preservation strategy
- Arthroscopy/Soft Tissue Repair driven by Subchondroplasty, Gel-One Crosslinked Hyaluronate Injection
- Trauma led by AFFIXUS hip fracture nail, NCB Plate
- Vitality spinal fixation system, launched in 2Q16, achieved 1,500 surgeries
- Numerous acquisitions within 3Q, including LDR Spine, Medtech brain and spine robotic technology, CD Diagnostics immunoassays and biomarker testing provider and Clinical Graphics range of motion simulation software (followed by RespondWell telerehabilitation technology, announced in 4Q)
This article is a Member-only item of content. Members, please log in to read the complete post.
If you are not yet a Member, click here
to learn more about purchasing ORTHOWORLD Membership.