BARE BONES content is posted to these pages in real time.
Monthly compilations are available in PDF form.
Product / Company Performance
Stryker Posts 2Q16 Revenue
ORTHOWORLD estimates Stryker's 2Q16 orthopaedic revenue at US $1,555.9MM, +4.0% from 2Q15. (Growth is as-reported.)
ORTHOWORLD estimates 2Q16 segment sales and growth on an as-reported basis, as follows.
- Joint Reconstruction $841.2MM, +3.8%
- Hips $358.4MM, +2.6%
- Knees $457.7MM, +4.8%
- Extremities Recon $25.1MM, +2.8%
- Trauma $303.4MM, +6.2%
- Arthroscopy/Soft Tissue Repair $113.5MM, +5.5%
- Spine $177.8MM, +0.9%
- Orthobiologics $51.0MM, +4.1%
- Other $69.0MM, +3.8% (CMF, Performance Solutions)
- Growth buoyed by continued momentum for 3D-printed Tritanium revision cones, cementless knee products and strong ex-U.S. sales in knees
- Too early to detect impact of CJR initiative on the market, per leadership
- Placed 17 Mako units during the quarter (vs. 13 in 2Q15 and 7 in 1Q16)
- 1588 AIM video platform contributed to AR/ST growth
- Cited "good demand" for new 3D-printed Tritanium spine products, though spine growth impacted by continued challenges in China
- Supply disruption that affected spine is expected to continue into 2H16, beginning to improve in 4Q16
Sources: Stryker Corp., ORTHOWORLD Inc., ORTHOWORLD estimates for orthopaedic-specific revenue
This article is a Member-only item of content. Members, please log in to read the complete post.
If you are not yet a Member, click here
to learn more about purchasing ORTHOWORLD Membership.