BARE BONES content is posted to these pages in real time.
Monthly compilations are available in PDF form.
Product / Company Performance
Smith & Nephew Reports 3Q16 Revenue
ORTHOWORLD estimates Smith & Nephew (SNN) 3Q16 orthopaedic revenue of US $760.0MM, +2.8% from 3Q15. Growth is as reported.
ORTHOWORLD estimates 3Q16 segment sales and growth on an as-reported basis, as follows.
- Joint Reconstruction $364.4MM, +2.7%
- Hips $138.0MM, +0.7%
- Knees $213.0MM, +3.9%
- Extremities $13.4MM, +4.8%
- Trauma $108.6MM, -0.6%
- Arthroscopy/Soft Tissue Repair $287.0MM, +4.4%
- Growth driven by rotator cuff repair products, continued demand for COBLATION technology, new LENS surgical imaging system, JOURNEY II knee
- Strong customer interest in eCAP (Episode of Care Assurance Program) initiative to support joint recon patients: offers a combination of recon implants + wound care products (PICO and ACTICOAT)
- Growth offset by macro economic conditions in China/Gulf states (though China is improving), restructuring initiatives
- Launched a new campaign for TRIGEN INTERTAN intertrochanteric antegrade nail that is supported by updated clinical evidence (e.g., review of published clinical studies demonstrated 4 times lower rate of re-operation with INTERTAN vs. a range of other hip fracture treatments)
- On track to launch NAVIO total knee application in 2017
- Opened new $55MM sports medicine manufacturing plant in Costa Rica to support demand for COBLATION technology; will bring SNN employees to 1,950 in the region
Sources: Smith & Nephew plc; ORTHOWORLD Inc.
This article is a Member-only item of content. Members, please log in to read the complete post.
If you are not yet a Member, click here
to learn more about purchasing ORTHOWORLD Membership.