BARE BONES content is posted to these pages in real time.
Monthly compilations are available in PDF form.
Product / Company Performance
NuVasive 4Q16 and 2016 Revenue
NuVasive reported 2016 revenue of US $962.1MM, +18.6% from 2015. (U.S. $232.4MM, +23.2%; ex-U.S. $38.7MM, +45.5%) The company posted 4Q16 revenue of $271.1MM, +25.9% vs. 4Q15.
ORTHOWORLD estimates 2016 segment sales and growth on an as reported basis, as follows.
- Trauma $28.9MM (ORTHOWORLD estimate for PRECICE limb lengthening)
- Spine $804.1MM, +18.2%
- Orthobiologics $129.0MM, -1.3%
- Growth supported by MAGEC for early onset scoliosis and PRECICE limb lengthening technology
- U.S. sales reflect strong procedure volume, new surgeon conversions
- Ex-U.S. supported by strength in EU, Southeast Asia, Latin America, with revitalization occurring in Brazil, Germany, Italy and the U.K.
- Received Class III approval in Japan for dilator during 4Q
- Strong acceptance of Integrated Global Alignment platform (iGA) across portfolio, including Reline, ALIF, Bendini
- Adoption of Reline posterior fixation leading to greater penetration in deformity market
- Seeing pull-through in NUVA Clinical Services following the inclusion of Biotronic, which is helping to grow the NVM5 neuromonitoring platform
- Ended year with largest ever increase in field sales headcount
- Ahead of schedule on build of manufacturing facility in West Carrollton, Ohio; machined first 40,000 pieces there by year-end
- Building a pediatrics-focused salesforce
- 2017 launches include 3D printing capabilities, LessRay software (including integration with M5 platform), full integration of small-stature Reline system with MAGIC, UNYTE system for fracture repair (the latter within two months)
- UNYTE uses MAGEC technology to treat complex or poorly-healing fractures; works by compressing the bones (like PRECICE in reverse); leadership expects it could cannibalize external fixation completely
Sources: NuVasive, Inc.; ORTHOWORLD Inc.
This article is a Member-only item of content. Members, please log in to read the complete post.
If you are not yet a Member, click here
to learn more about purchasing ORTHOWORLD Membership.