BARE BONES content is posted to these pages in real time.
Monthly compilations are available in PDF form.
Product / Company Performance
ConforMIS Reports 4Q16 and 2016 Revenue
ConforMIS posted 2016 revenue of US $79.8MM, +19.3% vs. 2015, with 4Q16 revenue of $21.6MM, +13.3% vs. 4Q15.
2016 product sales breakdown per CFMS:
- iTotal CR, iUni and iDuo $64.5MM, +8%
- iTotal PS $14.4MM, +339% (full launch occurred in late 1Q16)
- 2017 will be a transition year for the commercial team, per leadership
- Seeking personnel to help establish better relations with surgeon training community
- 2017 revenue will be impacted by unexpected change in Germany reimbursement of iUni and iDuo partial knees: reimbursement will adjust to the same rate as off-the-shelf partial knee procedures (effective January 2017), as opposed to the premium reimbursement received throughout 2016
- In early 4Q, reached milestone of >50,000 patient-specific knee replacement implants sold since launch
- Completed insourcing of metal tibial trays for iTotal CR and PS at year-end
- Insourcing plans for iTotal CR poly inserts on track for 2017, with PS to follow in 2018
- Progressed in streamlining process of 3D printing patient-specific iJig—programs focus on print cycle time reduction and optimal powder utilization, which will enhance use of existing fleet of 3D printers (and thus, reduce capital outlays within 2017)
- Planning to add undisclosed number of direct U.S. reps in 2017
- Continues to pursue hip regulatory clearance, with commercialization plans under review
Source: ConforMIS, Inc.
This article is a Member-only item of content. Members, please log in to read the complete post.
If you are not yet a Member, click here
to learn more about purchasing ORTHOWORLD Membership.