BARE BONES content is posted to these pages in real time.
Monthly compilations are available in PDF form.
Product / Company Performance
Amedica Posts 3Q16 Revenue
Amedica reported 3Q16 revenue of US $3.4MM, -29.2% vs. 3Q15, as reported.
ORTHOWORLD estimates 3Q16 segment revenue and as-reported growth as follows.
- Spine $3.3MM, -29.2%
- Orthobiologics $0.1MM, -29.5%
- Sales reduction based on lower private label sales, weaker than expected commercial sales, price pressure, hospital vendor consolidation
- Received new FDA clearance for Valeo II Lateral Lumbar interbody fusion device
- Submitted 510(k) for new Taurus metal system; first implantation expected by end of 2017
- Commenced first stage of silicon nitride testing by China FDA, slated to complete in January 2017
- Submitted materials testing and clinical data to Japan regulatory body
- Submitted response to FDA to clarify 510(k) application for composite silicon nitride spacer
- As planned, reduced headcount by 38% to reduce operating cash expenses
- Sales expansion strategy to be substantially complete during 4Q
- Planning to name a new head of sales in November
Sources: Amedica Corporation; ORTHOWORLD Inc.
This article is a Member-only item of content. Members, please log in to read the complete post.
If you are not yet a Member, click here
to learn more about purchasing ORTHOWORLD Membership.